
More Hannah-isms:
"Mama hode you?" = she wants me to hold her.
"Wap?" = she wants to sit on my lap (usually when I'm trying to knit or read).
"Some?" = she wants some of whatever you have (food, candy, whatever). If she is very insistent or desparate for whatever you have, she will say, "Some-y? Some-y?""doggie bickets" = dog biscuit. She loves to give them their daily doggie treat, but unfortunately it takes her forever to pick out a biscuit for each dog from the container of multi-colored biscuits. She'll take one out, then put it back and say "yewwow one?" or "pink one?" and want to exhange it for a different color. This drives the poor dogs crazy!
"guck" (prounounced like "book") = milk. "Chockit guck" is her favorite drink right now.
"Happy see Hannah!" = what everybody is! We started this one when I would show her how excited the dogs were when we came home in the car. I told her, "They're happy to see you - happy to see Hannah!"
She has a little problem with "s", so she says "srog", "soot", "sinish", instead of "frog, foot and finish." When I say, "I love you, Hannah," she will usually respond with "Wah-yoo, Mama."
Tomorrow we start Chinese school at CCAI, our adoption agency. They offer classes for kids starting at age 2, and teach them Mandarin Chinese words, songs, expressions, etc. Also they do art projects, learn about Chinese culture and dancing. At her age, it looks like it'll me mostly sitting on my lap and singing songs with the other kids. At least I'm excited about it. Hannah has no clue, of course.


No comments:
Post a Comment