



Today was our first day of Chinese school at CCAI. When I admitted to some of the other mothers that I took some "first day of school" pictures, every one of them said, "Me, too!"
Hannah was a little shy, and just wanted to play with some lego's she found. Whenever I tried to get her to put them down, she started whining. I think she was a little afraid and over-stimulated from being in a new environment. I ended up making our project myself - a construction paper sun that said "Good morning" in English and Chinese. The other kids were a little older than she is - all but one, who was about her age and threw even more of a fit. Hannah didn't know how to use scissors and the other girls did. So on the way home from Denver I bought a little kid's scissors for her. I don't want her to be behind the other kids! (Just kidding...sort of.)
We learned how to say "teacher", "hello", "good morning", and "good-bye". We also learned two numbers: one and two. At this rate, we'll be fluent in no time! I got a picture of the teacher, Yu Ning, and all the girls lined up against the wall. The lone father in the class asked if we could get all the kids lined up for another "red couch" picture...we all laughed (inside joke for China adoptive parents!). Of course, the one boy in the class was too shy to get in the picture.


No comments:
Post a Comment