The other day we were out somewhere and a lady asked us if she was adopted, and from where. We told her she was adopted and she was from China. The lady said, "Thank you for giving her a chance in life." I felt like telling her, "Well, you're welcome, I guess. But we didn't do it for you." I realize she was probably just trying to be nice, but I hate when people say things like that to us. Besides promoting the false idea that Hannah is some kind of charity case, it's so inaccurate. Hannah is the one who has given so much to us - the chance to be parents, for one thing! We adopted Hannah because we wanted to be parents, not to save some "poor unfortunate soul" from China.
Lindsey and I were talking to Hannah the other about the wonderful day when we fell in love with her picture at the CCAI office. Here is another look at her referral picture, the first time we saw her:


1 comment:
M, popped over from RQ from your avatar post. THIS blog has a URL, so post the photo you want to use here some place and link the RQ avatar to it.
Cute referral photo by the way, and at 18 months, you HAVE to be at least half way there.
Post a Comment