Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hannah - sweetie pie


I know this will annoy a lot of people, but Hannah is the cutest. Everyone thinks their child is the cutest child. But there can only be ONE cutest child, and Hannah is it! She has started to call us "sweetie-pie." She'll come up to us, and instead of a typical greeting, she will say to us: "Hi, sweetie-pie!" You really have to hear her say it to imagine it. "Hi, sa-WEE-tih-pie!" is how she pronounces it.

This morning as I was starting to get breakfast together, Hannah was playing in her room. The nursery monitor was on the kitchen table, so I could hear her talking and singing. Then I heard her shouting. I listened closer to see if it was an emergency. "Do-wa! Do-wa! C'mere, Do-wa! Bwushee hair!" I went into her room, and she was standing there, looking up at the shelf where her dolls live. She had her doll hair brush in her hand and she was telling Dora to come here so she could brush her hair. I got the doll down for her and she started brushing her hair. As I was going back to the kitchen I heard her say as she brushed her hair, "Oh, sowwy, Do-wa!", just like I say sorry to her when I'm brushing her hair and I pull it.

Last night, Lindsey was hanging up his suit after he had changed into his "home clothes", and his pants fell off the hanger onto the floor. Hannah said, "Uh-oh, pants all fall down!"

No comments: