Sunday, April 16, 2006

How Jews celebrate Easter...


Hannah with her "new" cousins, Sam and Sheila



Sam and Hannah






Yes, we're having fun...why do you ask?



Hannah and Mama






"How am I supposed to cut up this orange section with a stupid plastic toddler fork?"











How do Jews celebrate Easter? The same way they celebrate most other Christian holidays...by going to a Chinese restaurant! It makes sense, when you think about it. Most owners of Chinese restaurants are not Christian, so they don't close on Christian holidays. So maybe that's the reason Jews are so fond of Chinese food. I'm only half kidding. [Note: the above reasoning does not apply when said Chinese restaurant owners are not themselves Chinese. P.F. Chang's is not really a Chinese restaurant!]

So today we met Lindsey's cousins, Sam and Sheila, at the Swan Palace (the best Chinese restaurant in Colorado Springs). It was really fun. Hannah was extremely well-behaved and seemed to enjoy her cousins. I forgot my camera, but Sam took lots of pictures, so I'm waiting for him to email them to me so I can post them.



Here is the first picture Sam sent us of Hannah...




Earlier we took Hannah to a playground so she could swing and climb around on the playground equipment. She seems to have NO FEAR when climbing and going down slides. However, when she swings, she has a very serious expression on her face. She doesn't smile a lot, but she doesn't want to get out of the swing. My theory is that the motion of the swing sort of hypnotizes her, or she practices meditation while she swings.

By the way, I'm aware that, these days, lots more restaurants are open on holidays...but they're mostly chains, not family-owned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah looks more beautiful with each picture - she looks so serious - like she's in deep thought

Goldie

Anonymous said...

I think the Jewish love of chinese food also has to do with the city life that the Jews found in NYC. I know Lou goes to chinese restaurants.
Hannah is so cute. Mom and I were talking about kids playing dress up. Is Hannah into dressing up?