Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dora the Explorer


Hannah's a huge Dora the Explorer fan. She loves to watch Dora and Boots (she calls them "Doh-dah" and "Boop"), so we got her a Dora video and a CD. She loves to dance along with them and sing the songs - she usually just sings the last word of every line of the songs. She already had the Dora fold-out couch we got her for Hanukkah, which she also loves. Whoever owns the rights to Dora must be a millionaire - I can't believe how many products are out there with Dora's picture on them! Licensing cartoon characters for children's products is a huge business.

Hannah also seems to love Elmo from Sesame Street, but I think she was pointing him out to me in stores before we even started watching Sesame Street. I wonder if she knew about Elmo in China? They have some American TV shows there. It was in China that I first saw the TV judge show "Eye for an Eye" - I thought, "Oh, my god, is that what they think of Americans?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dora!!!

Aimee said...

Jessica has her own fold out Dora couch. Let me tell ya..best $$$ I spent. She loves this thing and after 2 years, it's still in great working condition. D

Anonymous said...

Hannah Banana!
Back pack, back pack!