We had one of those lazy weekends. We went out to dinner with Jim and Heather on Saturday night, but we didn't stay out late (it was their 23rd anniversary). We did both have wine with dinner, but I had only one glass and was perfectly able to drive home. We got home around 10, Lindsey gave me my shot, and I went to bed. Woke up at 2:00 in the afternoon. Lindsey also slept in, then dozed on the couch watching "Book TV". I guess we'd better enjoy a lazy weekend while we can, because it won't be happening much after we have the baby. I don't really like sleeping in and lazing around on the weekend; it makes me feel lazy and like I've wasted the weekend. But it was "perfect" weather for it: rainy, foggy and cool.
I keep trying to imagine how our lives will change once we're parents, but I can only get so far and then I stop. I really have nothing to compare it to, so I don't get much beyond, "I'll wake up in the morning and get the baby out of the crib. I'll change her/him and get her/him all cleaned up. Then I'll make her/him breakfast and ..." I sort of drop off there. What do I do next? I guess the baby will have some input into that.
A look back at 2015
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment